The client is a dealer for a renowned brand of power systems products and heavy equipment used for construction, mining, and agriculture. They also represent other leading brands from North America and Europe, making them a market leader in heavy equipment sales.
194%Increase in customer coverage
The challengeThe organisation was facing problems in several segments:
- Inefficient inventory.
- Poor forecasting.
- Low workforce productivity.
- Ineffective manpower planning.
- Inadequate performance review.
- Bad customer service.
What we didThe project was divided into the following workstreams:
- Sales & inventory: Improvements in business development, sales forecasting and planning, sales force productivity and performance management
- Service: Improvements in organisational design, planning, productivity and performance management.
- Improved customer-call planning methodology.
- Greater structure and transparency in opportunity management.
- Centralised performance dashboards and regular reviews.
- Improved utilisation of CRM.
- Streamlined organisational structures.
- Proactive and transparent manpower planning.
- Improved work order prioritisation.
- Clear skill matrix for technicians and supervisors.
- On-site quality management processes and checks.
- Re-defined roles and responsibilities across departments.
- Streamlined order management processes.
- Improved data visibility via a centralised inventory management system.
- New performance dashboards and regular reviews.
Behavioural changeTraining was conducted for over 400 staff, and a behavioural audit mechanism was introduced to measure changes in behaviour and identify focus areas for sustainability and ongoing improvement.
Centralised performance dashboardThe improvements were visible to all — be it streamlined order management processes, or improved inventory management system or better sales coordination.
ResultsTangible results were achieved through the hard work of the teams that developed new tools through focused specific initiatives and tools:
- 194% improvement in account coverage.
- 22% increase in sales.
- 13% increase in gross profits.
- 24% increase in closed deals.
- 138% increase in opportunity generation.
- 35% improvement in annual impactable service expenses.
- 32% reduction in overdue work orders.
- 6% decrease in aging inventory.
- 21% improvement in inventory turnover.
- 42% reduction in overall inventory.