Our client, one of the world’s leading mid-tier gold mining company.
Optimizing our Process Plant begins with managing the sizes of the ore at the different stages of the process. This begins with the larger size ore being delivered by Haul Trucks from the mine to the very fine particle size required to recover the gold from the ore.
At the initial stage, the opening of the Gyratory Crusher was reduced from 6.0 inches to 4.5 inches. The opening at the Secondary Crusher was reduced to 1.5 inches. The Apron Feeder, another component early in the process, has been rebuilt increasing a tested capacity from 1,200 to 1,700 tons per hour. The repair on the tunnel also now enables the speed increase of the Apron Feeder from 65% to 75%.
In addition to the increased process capacity, less energy is required which reduces our costs and helps the environment.
Also, a refurbished rock breaker is currently being installed to reduce downtime and increase throughput.
- Managing the “F80” / size of ore feeding into the Plant
- Managing the CV2 conveyor (Hard Rock) and CV3 conveyor (Soft Rock)
- Replaced the Head Pulley for less slippage and less lagging
- Potential now to process daily demand of ore in 12 hours using two 777s and one 993LU for improved blending
- Refurbished rock breaker now being installed
* We take client confidentiality seriously. While we have kept the brand anonymous, the results are real.